CREATED BY TRADERS FOR TRADERS

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can't post inside the Suggestions forum, so it will be here

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Forex Alliance to become a profitable undertaking

PipChick mentioned during Friday's chat session that the Forex Alliance shall become a profitable alliance for the people on board to make a bit of money.
How could this be achieved, when people are naturally looking at things in a different way? The first person is a swing trader, the secon is a scalper aiming for a handful of pips, the third person is a position trader looking for medium- or even long term setups.

What I would like to try, taking into account the competence of our members, is the following:
Installment of a couple of forums inside the Majors-section for a purely analytical purpose for the major pairs. This would - taking the EUR/USD as a first example - result in the following structure:

Tradable Setups

EUR/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis
GBP/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis

You name it...

The analytical sub-sections should be used for just that, the analysis and discussion of the same, whereas the resulting setups should be transferred to the setup forum for us to monitor/trade or do whatever we'd like to do with it. I'd especially be interested in the results our analysis achieves, which can be added to the setup forum, so that the actual trading achievement becomes visible and transparent.

In the end, this place will provide valuable ressources for just any kind of trader... and should be highly profitable and stress-free. The EUR/USD just doesn't do it for me any more, because of it's affinity to completely retrace just any intraday trade you might have taken in a whim. There must be other, clearer trades out there... if they are to be found in other pairs, then be it...

What do you think about this?

Cheers,

Mr. Hatch.

PipChick

Mr Hatch wrote:Forex Alliance to become a profitable undertaking

PipChick mentioned during Friday's chat session that the Forex Alliance shall become a profitable alliance for the people on board to make a bit of money.
How could this be achieved, when people are naturally looking at things in a different way? The first person is a swing trader, the secon is a scalper aiming for a handful of pips, the third person is a position trader looking for medium- or even long term setups.

What I would like to try, taking into account the competence of our members, is the following:
Installment of a couple of forums inside the Majors-section for a purely analytical purpose for the major pairs. This would - taking the EUR/USD as a first example - result in the following structure:

Tradable Setups

EUR/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis
GBP/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis

You name it...

The analytical sub-sections should be used for just that, the analysis and discussion of the same, whereas the resulting setups should be transferred to the setup forum for us to monitor/trade or do whatever we'd like to do with it. I'd especially be interested in the results our analysis achieves, which can be added to the setup forum, so that the actual trading achievement becomes visible and transparent.

In the end, this place will provide valuable ressources for just any kind of trader... and should be highly profitable and stress-free. The EUR/USD just doesn't do it for me any more, because of it's affinity to completely retrace just any intraday trade you might have taken in a whim. There must be other, clearer trades out there... if they are to be found in other pairs, then be it...

Cheers,

Mr. Hatch.

Hatch,
I think we do need something other than a general discussion for the different pairs. You are right about the fact that trading becomes confusing if one person is scalping while another is intraday or swing trading. Your concept of sub-sections would be beneficial. It would be more like everyone (in a particular group)working together on the same trade idea. I will think about how to put that together in a way that it is not confusing or require a lot of maintenance.
The chat box could be used for just hanging out and general discussions while the threads would be for serious trading.
Thanks for the Idea!
Aslo, I adjusted the settings so you can now post in the SUGGESTIONS thread.

PipChick

http://forexalliancefx.com/

Mr Hatch wrote:Forex Alliance to become a profitable undertaking

Tradable Setups

EUR/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis
GBP/USD
Intraday Analysis
H4 Analysis
Daily Analysis

You name it...

Cheers,

Mr. Hatch.

omg... i don't fit in none of the above...

i do swings, some trades are based on daily, weekly, and monthly but using 5 min, 15 min, and 1hr chart entry.... guess i'll just stay in journal section when it's created.

Admin

Admin
fxtrader_pk wrote:

i do swings, some trades are based on daily, weekly, and monthly but using 5 min, 15 min, and 1hr chart entry.... guess i'll just stay in journal section when it's created.

I was thinking about that myself PK.We could do something like have the sub-sections be named Scalping,Intraday Trading, Swing Trading, Position Trading. My trades are mainly intraday but the weekly, daily and h4 are very important for my intraday trades. I have some other ideas I am going to check into. We will figure something out that works for everyone.

http://forexalliancefx.forumotion.com

fxtrader_pk wrote:

actually, I think you'll fit just fine into any of the categories... at different times Wink

Will share more a bit later.

Admin

Admin
Mr Hatch wrote:

actually, I think you'll fit just fine into any of the categories... at different times Wink

Will share more a bit later.

Yes, we will keep working on the idea until it fits everyone Smile

Clue

Mr Hatch and PipChick.
If you know of any commercial traders i.e those ar banks or trading houses, would it not be viable to have their input aswell? Smile I like the idea of some front running Twisted Evil
Thanx Clue

Admin

Admin
Clue wrote:Mr Hatch and PipChick.
If you know of any commercial traders i.e those ar banks or trading houses, would it not be viable to have their input aswell? Smile I like the idea of some front running Twisted Evil
Thanx Clue
Not sure what you mean Clue.

Clue

Admin wrote:
Clue wrote:Mr Hatch and PipChick.
Thanx Clue
Not sure what you mean Clue.
Sorry for the typo, supposed to be at banks.... Banks and Trading houses move large amounts in one transaction therefore if we had prior knowledge of such transactions it is called front running(in stocks its called insider trading) which is completely legal in forex by the way, we could benefit from such large volume not so?

Mikey

I think Mr Hatch makes a good point in that we will obviously have different things to bring to the table.
I would be more than happy to contribute some classic PipChick ABCD, H&S, TL and Flag analysis for a number of pairs before the start of each week.
Anyone who then wishes to add their own thoughts can do so.
Hopefully then, together, we can build the big picture which will stay relevant as the days/weeks pass.
I'm tempted to invite some of the guys from the VSA thread here to do some volume analysis regularly.

Mikey wrote:I think Mr Hatch makes a good point in that we will obviously have different things to bring to the table.
I would be more than happy to contribute some classic PipChick ABCD, H&S, TL and Flag analysis for a number of pairs before the start of each week.
Anyone who then wishes to add their own thoughts can do so.
Hopefully then, together, we can build the big picture which will stay relevant as the days/weeks pass.
I'm tempted to invite some of the guys from the VSA thread here to do some volume analysis regularly.

Hi Mikey,

I would be more than happy to see that. Especially, when a pair becomes choppy, it can - at times - be easier to switch the tool.
I just recently started charting the other pairs "Hatch-like", which requires a lot of knowledge of the pair itself, e.g. I have to know the typical ranges, correlations and so on to feel safe enough to put my money into them.
You can easily imagine, what a mess your notes become, if you don't cut it at times and rethink your own style of organization, which I did for my personal level.

This is, what I have come up with on my private server at home. Again, this is just a proposition to make this place comfortable and , even more important, profitable for us that participate.

Cheers, Mr. Hatch.

So are we talking about different threads for different TF's and/or styles?

Admin

Admin
The ideas are starting to come together.Just not sure yet how we can incorporate them without it being too confusing. I will have to think about how to do that.
Mikey,
It would be cool if Malcolmb wanted to come over and start a VSA thread here. He is on vacation now I think. Maybe we could ask him once he returns.

One idea could be each member (whoever wants to) could start their own blog. Chart their style, daily analysis, etc. Then the members will have the opportunity to see what others are doing in a more structured way.If we find that there is a lot of interest in say Mr. Hatch's style and we find that more people would like to learn about it,we could then open a thread titled something like HATCH's STRATEGY.Then, the people who would like to interact with Mr. Hatch's Strategy, could frequent the thread and Mr Hatch could be made moderator of his own thread where he would have the capabilities to control what goes on in the thread.
Then, the CURRENCY PAIRS threads(EUR/USD, etc) could be for general chat, charting and analysis of that specific pair for anyone to frequent.So by using the MEMBERS BLOGS (where you could chart and analyse any or all pairs according to your strategy)and opening a thread where demand is needed, we could have a more structured learning process.

14 Background Color on Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:31 am

The new blue background color in the thread and chat is a bit in your FACE....lol for real could you change the contrast because that blue makes very difficult to read.

Thanks
sisse

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum