CREATED BY TRADERS FOR TRADERS

You are not connected. Please login or register

» CURRENCIES » MISC » MISC » LONG TERM TRADES

LONG TERM TRADES

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 LONG TERM TRADES on Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Admin

Admin
This thread is intended for those traders interested in trading from the 4 hr chart and up. It is designed for the longer term trades. The idea of the thread is to work together from beginning to end, meaning analyzing in order to find an entry to setting the stop loss and target for each trade and then reporting the outcome in the LONG TERM TRADE RESULTS thread.This will be a group effort.

http://forexalliancefx.forumotion.com

2 pending Eu sell. on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:03 pm

I have a pending sell for EU on my long term account (Oanda) at 1.4250 sl is 1.4350 TP is 1.1800 Trailing stop is 100 pips. We'll see how this plays out!

3 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:19 pm

tonyo524 wrote:I have a pending sell for EU on my long term account (Oanda) at 1.4250 sl is 1.4350 TP is 1.1800 Trailing stop is 100 pips. We'll see how this plays out!
Sell triggered.
Trailing stop will be set at 3400

4 Reasons for trade. on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Guess it would be nice to layout some of the reasons for the trade.
1. On the tech side, the Dow has retraced the top spike. (See attached chart). It now needs to retrace the bottom spike. eU has been following the direction of the Dow and S&P for the last 7 to 8 years.
2. There is a major trend line that sits at the 4266-80 area on the daily eU chart. This trendline is a monthly trend line, and we have been developing lower highs, and lower lows on the monthly chart.
3. Fundamentaly, the EU will likely raise interest rates, for the next couple of months, but the size of the rate I believe will be limited considering that there are a ton of internal Eurozone issues and problems particularly country loan payment issues that need to be resolved.
4. The Fed has to start switching out of QE mode, and into interest rate hike mode, and they have to get on it asap to stave off a rising Crude issue.
In summary, we are shaping up real well to be a 2008 all over again scenario.
Dow is less than a quarter away from where it was when it collapsed in 2008.
Crude oil is 46 points waya from where it was when it tanked in 2008.
EU is 1800 pips away from where it was when it collapsed in 2008.
Gas here in Mi is sitting currently at 3.80 a gallon for regular unleaded. About 60 cents away from where it was in 2008 when the market collapsed.
Only this time we don't have Bear Sterns as the catalyst, we have High unemployment, inflation, Middle East Turmoil, and a sagging real estate market as the Catalyst. Add to that the growing Nuclear issues that one of the major economies is facing, and you have the recipe for disaster!

5 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:32 pm

We're definitely on the same side, tonyo. I'm just waiting for the bubble to pop... and a spike on e/u to the topside.

6 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Mr Hatch wrote:We're definitely on the same side, tonyo. I'm just waiting for the bubble to pop... and a spike on e/u to the topside.
Yep that is how it normally happens isn't it. A huge spike to the opposite side to take out all of the stops, and then a 3 to 4 month journey to the opposite. I am kind of surprised my order was triggered before FOMC minutes, or ECB rate decision.
Have a green year Mr. Hatch.

7 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:38 pm

Profit taken, Pending sell moved up a little higher to 1.4300This level is an actual touch of the trendline on the monthly. Tp is 1.18000 with a 100 pip trailer to be activated at 1.3400, sl is 1.4450

8 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:28 am

Have a pending buy going off the 4hr tf on the EU at 4030. Tp is 4250, sl 3980 to be triggered manually.

9 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:18 pm

tonyo524 wrote:Have a pending buy going off the 4hr tf on the EU at 4030. Tp is 4250, sl 3980 to be triggered manually.
The 4150 area held and buy order was never reached.
Sell taken here at 4239 tp 2900 sl 4400. using same criteris as mentioned earlier.

10 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:19 am

Just woke up, I see I got my fill at 4300. Very long term trade here. 1.1800 tp 4500 sl. I am officially done placing orders with this account (Oanda) in order to comply with money management rules.We'll see how this places out in the following month.

11 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:19 pm

chonchy

tonyo524 wrote:Just woke up, I see I got my fill at 4300. Very long term trade here. 1.1800 tp 4500 sl. I am officially done placing orders with this account (Oanda) in order to comply with money management rules.We'll see how this places out in the following month.

Tony what make you think my friend that it will turn for the down , it took my UTL and play with it, haven't bounce hard yet, but we are before the raise so imagine when they raise, unless the Portugal and Spain ghosts comes out of the monsters closets, unless something radical like that shows up this thing will keep going north me think, and I'm short with you but.......

12 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:57 pm

E/U weekly - long term - onroute to 1.6 eventually? - its just a chart- not a prediction -but i keep for ref.

13 Re: LONG TERM TRADES on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:48 am

tonyo524 wrote:
tonyo524 wrote:Have a pending buy going off the 4hr tf on the EU at 4030. Tp is 4250, sl 3980 to be triggered manually.
The 4150 area held and buy order was never reached.
Sell taken here at 4239 tp 2900 sl 4400. using same criteris as mentioned earlier.

Stopped. Also closed the 4300 trade. Monthly tl was broken, USD is officially toilet paper lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

» CURRENCIES » MISC » MISC » LONG TERM TRADES

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum