CREATED BY TRADERS FOR TRADERS


You are not connected. Please login or register

EUR/USD (GENERAL)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 24]

26 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:56 am

Guest


Guest
BTW the idea behind red is this. I am only using 76.4 of the fib fan. I am using daily swings as well as swings off the 1hr, but then changing to a 15min TF for the reactions.

27 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:00 am

Guest


Guest
Mr Hatch wrote:
PayTheLimit wrote:Greetings to all, old and new. Pip Chick, good luck with the new site. Hope I might be able to contribute in some capacity, PTL.

No, you won't Very Happy You're a confirmed clown.

Hey ladies and gentlemen, let's rock this place.

And... don't ask, I have a legal invitation.

Cheers, Hatch-


OhOh, the worst 10v+ trader in da house LOL

Sorry Hatch, could not resist

How are things going? Have not seen you much around for the last days. What is cooking?

28 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:02 am

Guest


Guest
PayTheLimit wrote:

red chart...new can of worms, lol

you know that I like to work with the boxes and breakouts out of them... it escaped me far too long, but in order to draw them, just use the good old fib-tool with levels at multiples of 100% in both directions and you got them nicely... no real fuss to redraw them if the paradigms shift again Very Happy

image is just a quickie, not precise and a complete hipshot, just for clarification.

29 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:03 am

Guest


Guest

and blue, still earning its keep

30 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:05 am

Guest


Guest
What up I-man...

31 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:06 am

Guest


Guest
infinitus wrote:
Mr Hatch wrote:
PayTheLimit wrote:Greetings to all, old and new. Pip Chick, good luck with the new site. Hope I might be able to contribute in some capacity, PTL.

No, you won't Very Happy You're a confirmed clown.

Hey ladies and gentlemen, let's rock this place.

And... don't ask, I have a legal invitation.

Cheers, Hatch-


OhOh, the worst 10v+ trader in da house LOL

Sorry Hatch, could not resist

How are things going? Have not seen you much around for the last days. What is cooking?

Yeah, I'm looking to apply this screenie to my sig or whatever... the EU-Thread became a nuisance, not fun anymore with all the e-peen stroking.

atm... I have just a single position short on EU running from 4220. I will probably close it before NFP, depending on a new high for the day or not.

btw: I have no problem being the worst trader ever Very Happy

32 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:07 am

Guest


Guest
Mr Hatch wrote:

image is just a quickie, not precise and a complete hipshot, just for clarification.

well have to discuss it some, I like the idea, would like to do some research on it...

33 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:10 am

Guest


Guest
btw, seems like the quote function goes back several quotes, could get a bit messy...or am I doing it wrong?

34 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:11 am

Guest


Guest
PayTheLimit wrote:
Mr Hatch wrote:

image is just a quickie, not precise and a complete hipshot, just for clarification.

well have to discuss it some, I like the idea, would like to do some research on it...

I will put it together again over the weekend and post it somewhere around here. That's no magic, just a great observation someone made.

35 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:16 am

Guest


Guest
excellent, BTW, just dropped Sisse a line, we could always use a solid FA guy around here...



Last edited by PayTheLimit on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:20 am; edited 1 time in total

36 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:18 am

Guest


Guest
PayTheLimit wrote:excellent, BTW, just droped Sisse a line, we could always use a solid FA guy around here...
and TA guy, solid guy all around really...

37 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:23 am

Guest


Guest

the solid downsloping line is a daily one....

38 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:29 am

Mikey

avatar
PTL - I think we might be able to use Spoilers to cut down on the quoted post lengths.
I was also thinking about who the best people to invite would be. I was thinking Cloggie and Magix...... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Would be good to get a few of the VSA guys in here I think. There are some very good VSA readers on Malc's thread.
I think the bottom line is if we make sure this place remains cordial, we will ALL make money consistently.

39 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:31 am

Guest


Guest
They're making us wait... the bulls had everything it needed, sans a solid EZ Very Happy

40 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 am

Guest


Guest
Mikey wrote:PTL - I think we might be able to use Spoilers to cut down on the quoted post lengths.
I was also thinking about who the best people to invite would be. I was thinking Cloggie and Magix...... Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Would be good to get a few of the VSA guys in here I think. There are some very good VSA readers on Malc's thread.
I think the bottom line is if we make sure this place remains cordial, we will ALL make money consistently.
whats a spoiler? lol
I'm not a VSA guy, but there does seem to be some bright guys in there. I dont know what Pip Chicks intentions are for this site, so I cant speak for the invitation part.
I dont think Cloggie and Magix are bad guys, I like them both, never had a problem with either to be honest. Its just that that EU thread brings out the worst in people for some reason. It just turned into a pissing contesrt too often. I would love it if we could avoid that here. None of this I called the high/low of the move to the pip so I'm a genious crap. Or I told you to buy them this morning, see I'm the greatest trader on this thread malarky. I have traded close to 20yrs, and have figured one thing out. Be humble, or you will be eating humble pie. Trust me I know.

41 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

Guest


Guest
PS to the above.
I am done with FF, I will be closing my account on Monday. I hope that Pip Chick will keep a tight reign on this place. I think we are all wiser having gone through that EU thread nightmare, lets make an effort to act our age.

42 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:57 am

Guest


Guest
Mr Hatch wrote:
PayTheLimit wrote:

red chart...new can of worms, lol

you know that I like to work with the boxes and breakouts out of them... it escaped me far too long, but in order to draw them, just use the good old fib-tool with levels at multiples of 100% in both directions and you got them nicely... no real fuss to redraw them if the paradigms shift again Very Happy

image is just a quickie, not precise and a complete hipshot, just for clarification.





Hi Mr. Hatch,

thank you for sharing your idea. One question: Can one have more than one of those fib tools in MT4 or MT5 since I often need different values in my fib tools and it is a pain to renew the settings of them every time?

4142 I mentioned yesterday evening on FF too. For me it was the untouched mid (50% retracement) of the move up from 4051 to yesterdays high. 62% target is 4120 and 78% is at 4090

But Murrey once again seems to be better. He offered me 4145 as turning point. When we will come back, Murrey offers me 4122 and 4099 (both weak) or 4038 (strong).

I have trouble in posting pics here. And I do not know what I did wrong. I uploaded the pic, then copied the resulting URL and put it in this:

""

but nothing happens. Can someone guide me, please.

43 Traders on the exile on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:01 am

Guest


Guest
Oh traders on the exile!!!! ...lol.... just a quick line to congratulate you on the new forum. I hope it has long run and it can be a useful place to exchange honest and intelligent discussions on the markets.

Like always best of luck to you and all in trading

sisse

44 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:03 am

Guest


Guest
Sisse online...nice...

45 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:07 am

Guest


Guest
Hi Markus,

of course you can have more than one of those. I use them deriving from different timeframes, starting with the daily, which I just make a bit thicker and use different colours for.
I exclude the smaller timeframe fibs from being shown on the bigger timeframes to eliminate the clutter.

From what I saw, you copied the link for the image and included the img-tags in url-tags... I excluded the url-tags in this quote, let's see, if it works.

edit: no, didn't work.

Hi Sisse.

infinitus wrote:
Hi Mr. Hatch,

thank you for sharing your idea. One question: Can one have more than one of those fib tools in MT4 or MT5 since I often need different values in my fib tools and it is a pain to renew the settings of them every time?

4142 I mentioned yesterday evening on FF too. For me it was the untouched mid (50% retracement) of the move up from 4051 to yesterdays high. 62% target is 4120 and 78% is at 4090

But Murrey once again seems to be better. He offered me 4145 as turning point. When we will come back, Murrey offers me 4122 and 4099 (both weak) or 4038 (strong).

I have trouble in posting pics here. And I do not know what I did wrong. I uploaded the pic, then copied the resulting URL and put it in this:

""

but nothing happens. Can someone guide me, please.



Last edited by Mr Hatch on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total

46 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:07 am

Mikey

avatar
sisse wrote:Oh traders on the exile!!!! ...lol.... just a quick line to congratulate you on the new forum. I hope it has long run and it can be a useful place to exchange honest and intelligent discussions on the markets.

Like always best of luck to you and all in trading

sisse

Exchange decent analysis here, go to FF for the lolz. Smile

47 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:14 am

Mikey

avatar
Looking to enter long at 4140 and another potentially at 4120. (fibo 50 and 618 retracement levels of the 1hr ABC)
Also nice bullish HD present, so a bounce from these levels is an excellent r/r.

Short currently still running to approx 37-40.



Last edited by Mikey on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total

48 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:15 am

Guest


Guest



OK, got it :-)

49 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:19 am

Guest


Guest
What size charts are we going to use boys? I thought in Pip Chicks video, she wanted to go the thumbnail route. Is that true or was I seeing and hearing things again?

50 Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) on Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:20 am

Guest


Guest
My view for NFP and Pre ECB conference.

TA is scary (waiting for today and tomorrow close), If daily, weekly and
monthly close at highs in overextended mode its a "nuclear" combination
for a reversal.

On the FA side, NFP on expecation for today US short term outlook to keep slowly recovering in the real economy.

On the euro side, the last reports are even more bearish than usual.
Irish banks and especially the massive blow on Portugal's 5 years yesterday above 9.6 !!!!!. Portugal and Ireland problems were also digested +/- in charts but not these last blows, price barely tick down on the massive news and those itchy fingers are dying to pull the trigger.

Its 100% clear that everybody is waiting for the ECB to make the next move (and looks closer to a reversal than a continuation).

In trading terms, the 3 scenarios are clear in my case for the next few weeks:

1) NFP can trigger a top tomorrow and limited selloff setting the path
for after the ECB conference huge knee jerk reaction spike to confirm a
break down of daily support 1.404x later. Deep & fast.

2) NFP can confirm a mini break up daily resistance, closing the week on
the highs with the monthly and daily also on highs and clearing an
"easy" bull trap on daily/weekly and monthly charts to be traded after
the knee jerk reaction spike on ECB and close below last daily R
confirming a clean reversal.

3) Or a mild NFP inside the daily range 1.425x / 1.414x, for a choppy
week until ECB conference huge knee jerk reaction spike to confirm a
break up of daily R and keep flying to 1.44xx and beyond.

I don't like FAwise option 3). Option 1) is the most probable but very
difficult to trade until it settle down (I am talking on taking the meat
of the swing not intraday) and option 2) is the one I would like and is
the most balance TA and FAwise but probably won't happen that easily.

In any case, we'll see.

sisse

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum