Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CREATED BY TRADERS FOR TRADERS

You are not connected. Please login or register

EUR/USD (GENERAL)

+2
chonchy
PipChick
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 24]

176EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:46 am

I think we have completed an upward ABC over the last 4 hours. May now move down to complete a broader downward ABC. May target 4160, with extension around 4120.

177EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Currency Meter Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:57 am

Hello PipChick,
since you said that you do not trade without a look at a currency meter, may I ask a few questions?

a) in what way do you use it when trading EURUSD?

b) do you know of any tool, that does not only give the value of the recent moment but kind of a chart

c) the sugestion is to sell the weakest currency against the strongest - but when we wait (e.g.EURUSD) to be USD the weakest and EUR the very strongest, a lot of distance in the way up should have already been traveled. A currency meter is supposed to be a real time and no lagging indicator. But when one uses it in that way one should not await much of an advantage. Do I see that right?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

178EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 pm

PipChick

PipChick

infinitus wrote:Hello PipChick,
since you said that you do not trade without a look at a currency meter, may I ask a few questions?

b) do you know of any tool, that does not only give the value of the recent moment but kind of a chart

c) the sugestion is to sell the weakest currency against the strongest - but when we wait (e.g.EURUSD) to be USD the weakest and EUR the very strongest, a lot of distance in the way up should have already been traveled. A currency meter is supposed to be a real time and no lagging indicator. But when one uses it in that way one should not await much of an advantage. Do I see that right?

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Hey Marcus,
Do you have the currency strength meter?

http://forexalliancefx.com/

179EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:58 pm

AlexC

AlexC

Just a 60 pip range in the last 12 hours or so.
For range traders on smaller time frames with tight s/l, it's great.

180EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:00 pm

PipChick

PipChick

AlexC wrote:Just a 60 pip range in the last 12 hours or so.
Kinda of a hit and run kinda day today. Grab your pips and run.

181EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Mikey

Mikey

Here's what i'm looking at now....
EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Eu11
1hr ABC inside a bull flag. Retracement fibo levels to watch for are 4187, (but we already went as low as 4191), so I don't think it'll stop there if it does drop.
The next level is still 4162, but we may not see that if the ABC plays out from here. A bull flag test of the UTL @ approx 45 will be my key. I took a long from 43, but will hedge in a sub account if we fall below 4104.

Also looking to see if the CCI bounces or breaks the zero line.
AND, if we do get to 4245, we'll break the Demark TLs too.

182EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:15 pm

AlexC

AlexC

PipChick wrote:
That's what we're here for. Adapt and improvise.
PipChick, The currency strength meter indi you're looking for is called: 1000pips mini. Haven't figured out how to upload an indi here yet but you can find it in kill56's thread , "the graveyard".

Last edited by AlexC on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

183EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:27 pm

PipChick wrote:
infinitus wrote:Hello PipChick,

Thanks in advance,

Markus

Hey Marcus,
Do you have the currency strength meter?
Hi PC,I have several versions as MT4 indicator, even the one you posted a few days ago. I have it on my charts for a while but am not sure if it is really a big help.

184EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:31 pm

AlexC wrote:
PipChick wrote:
That's what we're here for. Adapt and improvise.
PipChick, The currency strength meter indi you're looking for is called: 1000pips mini. Haven't figured out how to upload an indi here yet but you can find it in kill56's thread , "the graveyard".

Download-Link:
http://www.forexfactory.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=503310&d=1278484270

185EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:59 pm

AlexC

AlexC

Dixie's pivot is 76.32 so Euro must drop some.
EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Dx_44110

186EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:08 pm

AlexC

AlexC

In contrast with Friday, today is very quite. A Prozac day for a bi polar world.

187EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 pm

PipChick

PipChick

infinitus,

It takes a little time to get use to working with the currency meter. Once you are able to learn to work with it with your personal strategy, its awesome. I will start pointing it out more when I am analyzing a trade in the chat room when we do real time trades.

Last edited by PipChick on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

188EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 pm

PipChick

PipChick

Mikey wrote:Here's what i'm looking at now....
1hr ABC inside a bull flag. Retracement fibo levels to watch for are 4187, (but we already went as low as 4191), so I don't think it'll stop there if it does drop.
The next level is still 4162, but we may not see that if the ABC plays out from here. A bull flag test of the UTL @ approx 45 will be my key. I took a long from 43, but will hedge in a sub account if we fall below 4104.

Mikey,
Great analysis Smile
4187 may be the buy area since that is also where the daily 5 ema sits.Right now, the h1 cci is resting on the 0 line and there is 6 minutes left until a 1 hr close. If the cci rejects the 0 line when the bar closes and then we have a 15 min pin, then that should be a long entry. If the CCI goes thru the 0 line, then we will probably test the 4160 area like you mentioned.

189EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:05 pm

PipChick

PipChick

PipChick wrote:
Mikey wrote:Here's what i'm looking at now....

Mikey,
Great analysis Smile
4187 may be the buy area since that is also where the daily 5 ema sits.Right now, the h1 cci is resting on the 0 line and there is 6 minutes left until a 1 hr close. If the cci rejects the 0 line when the bar closes and then we have a 15 min pin, then that should be a long entry. If the CCI goes thru the 0 line, then we will probably test the 4160 area like you mentioned.

So we have a new 1 hr candle and the h1 cci crossed the 0 line and the m15 did not form a pin. Also the currency meter is reading a 6.2 USD vs a 3.0 EUR. There is a decent chance we could go down a little lower so I will sit out for now.

190EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:27 pm

PipChick wrote:

what a lackluster day...

pc, here's the channel that deviated from your's earlier - tested this time. now I'm confused about today's pa... but I'm not alone with that, I think.

Infinitus mentioned a broader ABC-down-correction earlier, though I didn't see any levels, or overlooked them.

EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 116

191EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 pm

greetings, hope everyone is having a good one...

Last edited by PayTheLimit on Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

192EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Mr Hatch wrote:
PipChick wrote:

what a lackluster day...

pc, here's the channel that deviated from your's earlier - tested this time. now I'm confused about today's pa... but I'm not alone with that, I think.

Infinitus mentioned a broader ABC-down-correction earlier, though I didn't see any levels, or overlooked them.

EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 116

Hi Mr. Hatch,
I hope I did not confuse you with "broad" LOL

Here is what I meant:
EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 04042010

193EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:38 pm

hehe, thank you. compared today's pa, 4165 appears huuuge Very Happy

today, I was waiting the whole day for an impulsive action in the one or the other direction... but, here we are... waiting.

194EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:40 pm

PipChick

PipChick

Hatch,
I may be wrong but I think infinitus is talking more about the ABC in Elliott waves. The ABC I trade is different than that of Elliott Wave.

195EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:41 pm

PipChick wrote:Hatch,
I may be wrong but I think infinitus is talking more about the ABC in Elliott waves. The ABC I trade is different than that of Elliott Wave.

yep, I know. pirat

196EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Well I didnt trade a car today, and for that i'm glad.

197EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Hatch Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Clue

Clue

This is what I was saying
EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Test14

198EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm looking for a daily wick to trigger my new Sell at 1.4300 then a move towards the 1.4000 area to set the stage for Thursday's ECB news. A reversal pattern developing on the daily.EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Eu_rev10

199EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Ah $hit what is going on??????

its to soon to read what the market thinks of Bernacke"s speech.

For now a rate hike is not out of the question, and some would say likely. Right now we are still waiting on the hike for the EUR, so expect a stop hunt north at that time. Feel free until then to play short term short. Best of luck, I've got to go back to my eye bleeding studies

200EUR/USD (GENERAL) - Page 8 Empty Re: EUR/USD (GENERAL) Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Knuckledragger wrote:Ah $hit what is going on??????

its to soon to read what the market thinks of Bernacke"s speech.

For now a rate hike is not out of the question, and some would say likely. Right now we are still waiting on the hike for the EUR, so expect a stop hunt north at that time. Feel free until then to play short term short. Best of luck, I've got to go back to my eye bleeding studies

Is that what he said tonight? FOMC minutes may prove to be very interesting tommorrow!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum